Thursday 7 August 2014

Landscapes, Buildings and a Car!

I can't paint at the moment due to an accident, involving my right hand yesterday and resulting in a visit to the Bath RUH A & E. Still it could be worse I only dislocated my little finger - no break. I can just about type so here goes! This is another selection of paintings I've downloaded. Many of the artists are unknown to me but appear somewhere on Facebook.


Beata Gugnacka


The famous Hercules Brabazon, master of the minimalist approach. Many of his best watercolours were said to be painted in thirty minutes. He didn't receive recognition until he was 80.


Cemal Selimgil


Chan Chang How




Geoffrey Johnson


Gilles Durand

I had the pleasure of meeting Gilles on three Charles Reid workshops


Atnas Matsoureff


The very excellent and modest Trevor Lingard


Millind Mullick, terrific artist, very prolific


Yesim Bilge


Xian Yaping


Yuko Nagayama - the famed Japanese watercolour artist. An unusual subject for her.

This then is a varied selection showing several different styles. Some you may like others perhaps not, but in general all well worth studying. I may not have the names quite right in a few instances so apologies if that is the case. Actually a few of the above aren't actually landscapes but interesting nevertheless.

INDEX FOR THE BLOG - SEE JULY 2014

4 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Lovely to see the work of these artists. It would be difficult to choose a favourite as they are all so good. Hope your finger will be better very soon Peter.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Ann. Some wonderful artists out there. Thanks for good wishes.

Ray Maclachlan Art said...

Good to see these Peter. There is a professionalism about them that the rest of us strive for. Trust you will be back to painting soon.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Ray. I shouldn't be incapacitated for more than two to thtee weeks.