Wednesday 17 February 2010

More Paintings

First of all a disclaimer! I don't put these forward as excellent examples of watercolours - just my watercolours.


15" x 11" Waterford Rough 140lb    

This is a painting done from an old black and white photograph of the 1800's. It is an  Apache called `Chato'. I am very interested in this period and have many books on it as well as a large number of old images of Indians.

  

15" x 11" Fabriano Artistico 90lb NOT

This painting was done in my thursday class and the subject was a winter scene. More about the horses I think!


18" x 12" Fabriano Artistico 140lb NOT

This was painted onsite in the Summer at an amazing garden centre - if you can call it that - called Trading Places, on the outskirts of Bristol.. They have all these artifacts from the far east and also  much other bric-a- brac, including a lot of what people might consider  junk. The place is just so different. An excellent coffee house too! The statue painted is big, see the bench in front of it. 

.
 15" x 11" Schut Vivace 115lb  NOT


This was a project at my thursday session for a self-portrait. I painted this afterwards, one of several attempts. 

No comments: